Thursday, July 14, 2011

My story is an open book ........

cuz I want to share w ppl my story 2 make them feel better.

I was married for 22 yrs 2 the first man I ever "knew." I never really dated in HS, believe it or not. In HS I remember having a blind date with ?? Willis, Billy Willis?? and I left him at a bar "Paul's" in Jeanerette cuz he was really drunk and I was scared to ride with him so I made some guy friends from Catholic High drive me back to Loreauville. In HS I was more interested in smoking, driving my girlfriends around and dancing at the clubs. I was a very late bloomer. In HS I had a few dates but never really "went steady" until I met the man I would marry at the end of my senior year. I am glad to say that I dated in my 40's more than most women and I enjoyed every moment of it without any regrets....well there were a few regrets.....I never felt that guys were attracted to me in HS. I remember going out and I always had to go flirt with guys at the bar to get them to dance. Now this has developed into the basis for my insatiable appetite to be desired.

I got pregnant at the beginning of my Sophomore year at USL. I stayed out a year while pregnant and worked for Boops Bienvenu Ins. on Main St in St. M and they took great care of me for 9 mos. Back then it was an embarrassment to b pregnant b 4 marriage so I stayed out of USL while pregnant (that was so stupid on my part). I wanted a very small wedding but within 2 mos. my mama and I planned a huge wedding with 300 guest and on top of all that, I got married wearing a white dress....wow. I went back to USL with a newborn, a part-time job and newly married. I graduated in Business only one year behind most of my classmates from LHS. I was able to go full time my last semester and earned a 3.0 av. that I was really proud of. U must understand I was always an av. student and I don't ever remember studying in HS. Never...."winged it" the whole way. I have a "gift of gab" that is often mistaken for intelligence. Myrt reminds me that my vocabulary improved dramatically with all of my job experiences over the years. It's true, I mimic what ppl say and have learned the language over the years to where I find I am more confident in speaking. I constantly google words to learn their meaning. My mother,five older sisters and one younger brother have an amazing command of the English language, so they taught me over the years what I missed in school.

I was born talking and not listening. So it's ironic that I'm an investigator. I must constantly remind myself to listen. Pulette used to say that she had no doubt that I talk so much and the clients get so aggravated that they probably wanna tell me, "just take our kids and shut up."

u know I'm not sure what to title these lil tidbits of my life. I just wanna write and the title may not fit the theme but try to keep up and if it totally aggravates u, then go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment