Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Miss. Joann dies

My mother-in-law, Joann Castille Theriot just passed away on her 78th birthday.

She was a devoted wife, sibling, mother & grandmother. She was a natural "master chef"that loved having her family gather in her pristine home weekly for meals that taste like no other cajun cuisine. She was a devout Catholic & practiced her faith to the fullest & loved her hour duty of adoration. She was a tall beautiful well manicured woman who carried herself very well. She practiced good nutrition & enjoyed playing a game of Bourrè with her friends weekly. She suffered a stroke that debilitated her from being ambulatory. Her husband, Mr. Allie, was her sole caretaker for the last 8 yrs at her side using a "Hoyer-lift" as her only mode of transportation in and out of bed. She was enjoyed looking out of her window watching the world go by. She loved to laugh & I loved to pick on her about her rules & obsessive compulsive cleaning & organizing. I have many wonderful memories of her visits & lectures. I loved her very much & she will be greatly missed. I'm blessed to have had such a loving & caring mother-in-law in my life.

I'm still searching for a better seafood gumbo, roast/pork gravy, veg soup or chicken pie.

RIP Miss. Joann.

No comments:

Post a Comment